Monday, March 11, 2013

First Letter 3-8-13



Hey Mom!!
Everything is going great here at the MTC. It feels like you dropped me off here ages ago. haha.. The MTC is awesome! I have learned so much already. On Sundays and Tuesdays we get to have devotionals and on Sunday we pretty much just get to relax and hear awesome talks. Sundays here are great days. Finally I hit my P-day so I got to do my wash, go to the temple, and finally email you and the fam. The language is coming along great! The first few days I felt like this was going to be impossible, but now I feel like I'm improving everyday! It's amazing how fast and well you can learn when you have the spirit there to help you learn. Elder Melendez is my comp. He is a great Elder. He is very patient and nice to everyone. I know God blessed me with him cause I have found times where I have a hard time being patient, but Elder M. always helps. The other Elders in my district are awesome! We all get along very well and have a lot of fun. We goof off a little too much, but I feel like we are progressing very well. The district I'm in is so great because we are all so different. The Elder I probably get along with best is Elder Lapray. He's from Texas and reminds me of a mix between Chris Abraham and Josh Little. He's our district leader and is so funny. Our main teacher is Brother Butters, he is way cool and teaches very well. The first 3 days he wouldn't even speak one word in English, all Portuguese! I think it has helped though 'cause now I can understand like 50% of what he says. Our classroom is small and crowded with 12 of us Elders. The AC doesn't work either so it's HOT! We move to a new building on Monday though. Right now we are mostly just learning the language and basic principles of the gospel. We had an investigator named Rodrigo and we taught him 4 discussions! Elder M. and I did very well and almost got him to commit to baptism. Now "Rodrigo" is one of our teachers. Tonight we get a new investigator to start off fresh, which will be very nice. The food here is alright.. I feel like I'm getting fat though.. haha it's pretty unhealthy.  I was sick for the past 4 days, which was kinda lame, but I'm feeling a lot better now.

Mom you are exactly right about me being able to love and focus on Heavenly Father for two years. The MTC experience has really helped me realize how important this mission is. Heavenly Father has given me so much in this life! Serving two years for him and his Son, Jesus Christ, is nothing compared to what I have been blessed with. I cant wait to serve the Brazilian people. I know this is what I'm supposed to do! Thank you so much for the prayers! I really can feel them! This mission so far has not been easy and I was prepared for that! I like the feeling that I can always have the Lord by my side to help me through anything. I love you so much Mom. You have been a great blessing in my life and have prepared me well for this mission! You're an angel! Keep me updated on what's going on at home. How's the house? How's Dad, Amy, Steph, Jeff, Cam, Amanda and Shaye? How is Millie? Take care of her. Thanks for the pictures you sent me... Made me cry like a baby! How is Emme??? I miss her beautiful face! I miss all of you so much.  I hope all is well! I got to see Elder Hauck and Elder Rebman come in on Wednesday which was very cool! I feel kinda older now not being the greeny! haha. I think they both are doing well! Mom I think I might need some toe nail clippers, two more short sleeve shirts and my black Nike frees. Jeff has one of my grey Nike shirts that I need cause my clothes get stinky from gym every day.  Love you guys. Hope you liked the pictures.



Dad, I sent a letter in the mail for the priest quorum. Will you give that to Bishop? Dad I want to thank you for everything you have taught me in this life. You have prepared me for this mission and I will forever be thankful for this. You are a great father and love my siblings and I so much. You are the best! I hope all is well. Anything new? Any new mission calls? I'm learning Portuguese pretty quick! Kinda cool how well the Spirit teaches! Tell Amanda and Shaye thanks for the letter! That whole package I got was awesome! haha.. Also tell Jeff and Cam thanks for the letter! Thank the Rebmans and Taylors for all the candy and cupcakes! I have so much support from home! I have the best family. I have been truly blessed! I love you Dad and miss you. until next week.. Chaou!

paz e amor
-Elder Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment