Monday, December 2, 2013

39th Letter 12-2-13


My Visa is in!!!!! I am going to Brazil soon!! I can not even think straight right now! I am kinda shaking with excitement!:) Whooooo BABY!! haha, Okay so this week was a great week! Had a lot of investigators show up to church and had a lot of food during Thanksgiving! So I could be leaving to Brazil the 9th or 16th of December!! This is CRAZY!

Alright, so Monday was P-day and we got to email all of our friends and family! Had lunch and then went and had our Zone P-day at the Stake Center. We played Basketball and Volleyball there and it was fun! The AP's came and it was a blast! Had a great dinner and then taught the Kubics. The lesson went very well and we got to really build the relationship with them. I didn't know this but Ranea calculates the square footage of a home for it's taxing and I told her how it sounded cool what she does and she was kind of shocked -haha. I explained how I love construction work and building things and she is gonna see if we can ever help her out.

Tuesday, studies went very well and Elder Ruiz's teaching is doing a lot better! I am gonna have to help him a lot so he can take over this area! We then taught Braylan and studied some stuff out of Preach My Gospel with him. He then came with us to teach Isiah about tithing and fast offerings. It went very well and Isiah is progressing a lot each day! A lady named Ethel, we ran into, called us and needed some help transporting some money to her son. We accepted the offer and delivered the money. The son was a nice man and received us well. Got a good referral for some other missionaries! His son died a few months ago and they are going through a hard time. We then had dinner and we then went and taught Ethel. To our surprise she said she had already been baptized. We got her information to see if the Church still has her records and are now waiting for them to get back to us.

Wednesday, today I hit my 9 month mark. WOW! It was a very good day, though! We went and served at the Food Bank and even got to deliver some Thanksgiving boxes to a Lutheran church nearby. After that we went and taught Nilly the first few points of Lesson 1, with Brother Johnson, and it went very well! She has been so prepared for this! She talked about how she feels something is missing in her life and that this may be it. I had the privilege to testify that this was what she was looking for and that this would bring her peace, happiness and she would feel whole from this! She is amazing! We then taught the Hanks more of the Restoration. Then had dinner and after we went and read with the Terrazas family. They are an awesome family! That night was pretty intense with Rodney. So we talked more about the Godhead and he really was just confused on his stand on the Trinity. He then brought up the Book of Mormon and how he watched a video at his church that shows the BOM has no archaeological proof and that because of that it is false. I couldn't help but laugh a little when he said this. I explained to him that there was archaeological proof, but that none of that truly matters when it comes down to it. We explained to him we don't need any physical  evidence, besides the book its self, to know that it is true! He argued with us a little and to be honest I actually started to get a little mad. I bore my testimony and told him I would die for this book! He looked at me with a puzzled face and things calmed down after that. We told him to do his studies and to actually pray to find the truth. That was a pretty cool experience!

Thursday, Fist time going through the holidays without the family is kinda weird! To be honest I felt a little homesick today, it being Thanksgiving and all. It was still pretty fun though. We had district meeting so we didn't get to play football in the morning. That was kind of a bummer. Thanksgiving dinner was super funny! Imagine the Christmas Vacation dinner they had together and it was close to that. We had it with the Bollocks and Sister Romans, who is blind, and the Hanks came as well..The dogs were running under the table and Sister Romens sounded and acted just like Aunt Bethany, and Brother Hanks is like Uncle Eddie. The conversations went from talking about their dog stories to talking about their kids walking in on them naked and stuff…it ruined my appetite very quickly! haha. It was still super funny!

Friday, went to ARC for awhile and then had weekly planning before going to dinner with the Haymond's. We then tried a few referrals and ended up walking into a young atheist girl who was very nice, but very confused. Talked with Ron about the importance of our message and then got a serious text from Dustin about some concerns he needs help with.

Saturday, Had a great morning and then got to help the Huntleys move a few things. We then went to ARC and helped out. One of the helpers there really appreciates our help. We then had dinner with the Erikson's, which was good. We then went by to see all of our investigators to invite them to church.

Sunday, ward council went great and then to our surprise Ranea showed up as well as Isiah and Amanda! Fast and Testimony meeting went very well and I got to say the closing prayer! Sunday school went great with Amanda and Isiah. We then had studies and then went to dinner at the Rabideau's. It was super good and I even saw a glimpse of the Broncos game!:) haha. We then taught Eli and read with the Terrazas family.

Mom, I did receive that package and we shared the popcorn and M&M's with the Hanks! :)  I am excited to receive the package you sent and you should probably be expecting a package from me as well soon with all the stuff I don't need in Brazil. Great work by being a good member missionary. In the ward I am serving in the members are slowly picking it up and helping out in this great work! Thank you for the pictures as well. They are awesome! :) I sure missed you this Thanksgiving!

Dad, Sounds like the family had a great Thanksgiving week! I bet the house decorations look awesome on the new house! What a great surprise for me to receive my visa! I am so excited to go, but am sad to leave these amazing people here...I have met so many amazing Elders, Sisters, Members, and Non-members! This is seriously the time of my life!

Family, I LOVE you all so much! Thank you so much for all your prayers and fasting for me! I really have been blessed beyond what I deserve. These blessings help me work more diligently everyday! I am so happy and proud to have the Lord for my support as well as my family! Thank you again!  I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and He helps me everyday! I love this gospel and the amazing chance I have to share it!

I love you guys!!
Elder Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment