Tuesday, December 31, 2013

41st Letter 12-30-13


Photos: 1- I love the storms! 2- Me at the Churrasco! Very hot day!


Dear Family,

What a crazy past week I have had. Christmas was great here! We had many parties and people were a lot more welcoming! Of course the best part was Skyping the Family on Christmas day! You all looked beautiful! This week was awesome, but super difficult as well.. I think I know what it feels like to be home sick now... I don't like it at all. I feel very alone here and I am not used to that. I know it will get better over time, though! Just need to keep pushing forward.

Wednesday (25th), after Skyping and emailing the family we went into the park nearby and sang Christmas Hinos (hymns).  A lot of people enjoyed them and we got a decent sized crowed listening for awhile -haha. I have never been much of a performer so it was kinda cool! Really missed you guys after seeing you on Skype.  Also, was very dehydrated so I need to start drinking more water.

Thursday, was a pretty good day but was slow. We walked to a bunch of different members' homes and investigators' homes. Didn't have too much luck. While we were walking a man yelled at us and said he wanted to hear our message. So we went to his casa and taught him the Restoration. I tried teaching parts or saying little things, but I was having a hard time. Plus I don't think some of these people like it when they have to wait for me, cause I talk slow…ha. The lesson went okay though and the man and his mother said we could come back.

Friday, today went a lot better. Had studies and weekly planning. Then we taught a lot of people. Jennifer, the lady we had on date, doesn't really care to much about the church. We need to help her get a testimony, if she wants one. We met a super cool less-active member! She had me bare my testimony in English so she could just feel the spirit. Super nice lady, but has some doubts in the church we need to resolve. After seeing a few other less-actives and members we went to the New Year activity at the church, which was very cool. They always give us a ton of food when we leave the parties!

Saturday, Super hot day today.  We saw a few people today and the visits went well. Elder Silva and I kinda got irritated with one another. He is selfish sometimes…ha. That night we had a class where members and nonmembers could learn English. Radrog and his sister came and I think they really enjoyed it!

Sunday, church went great, but we didn't have any investigators come. After lunch we went to Rodrigos and taught him lesson #1. It went very well and I taught a lot better then usual. Words flew out of my mouth smoothly and I think they could understand! : ) We then went to a class where we learned sign language. I guess some members and non-members are deaf here and it helps to know it. After we went and taught a less-active lady who was super nice!

Overall I have learned a lot this week. My Portuguese is coming surely but slowly. It is really teaching me patients. I am so grateful for all of you and the prayers you offer for me. I really do feel them at this time where I am very lonely.  I love all of you so much and hope you have a great end of the year!

Mom, I was so glad to see you! The family looks so happy! I will send you a list of some things I need for my birthday. I hope your birthday went well! Sorry I forgot to say it! Dad, my companion and I are doing well. We sometimes get frustrated with one another, but that is just because of the misunderstandings -haha. There are a lot of culture differences, but I am starting to get used to them and see that these people are very similar to Americans, they just speak a different language. I think that is what has been hard to adjust to. Thanks for the awesome photos.

Love you so much!
Elder Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment