Monday, November 25, 2013

38th Letter 11-25-13



Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the packages you have sent me! I even got one from the Rebman's with a whole thanksgiving meal! That was awesome to receive! This week has been a great week! Things are kinda slowing down because of the holidays, but we are still working hard. We found another investigator named Gabby and we put her on date for the 21st of December! She is awesome and really wants to make the change in her life! Also had some miracles through the week as well.

Monday, had a great p-day. Played football and basketball. Had a great dinner with some members and then rode the bikes in the cold weather all the way to the other side of the area to teach Ranea. She is still progressing and seems more happy lately! The ride back took a long time -haha.

Tuesday, had some great studies, learn new stuff everyday! We then picked up the 3rd ward elders and drove to President Jones' house for the Zone lunch! It was super good food as always and we got to talk about our areas with President Jones. Brother Davis, the stake mission leader, is a stud! He really likes our area and the success we are having. He tells us, "train your fellow missionaries so they can have as much success as you!" He is a cool guy! We then went to ARC for about 4 hours. Dinner with the Orvin's was steak and it was very good! We then taught Grace and Rubi more about the Book of Mormon. I don't think they ever  received a clear understanding of what it was. They seem to like Elder Ruiz and I because they actually understand the things we teach them.

Wednesday, TEMPLE DAY! The temple was amazing as always and again I got to feel the strong spirit there! After the temple we went to go get something to eat and ran into two ladies and Elder Tonga and I gave them both a Book of Mormon. This week was Book Of Mormon blast, so we tried to hand out as many as possible! Taught Sister Maximoff and then had dinner with the Bashford's. We then tried contacting a bunch of referrals. As we were walking down this street I saw a man in his garage and i went to talk to him. He got mad at us and said he doesn't believe in forcing religion upon others -haha. I reassured him that we don't force anyone, we only invite. He got more mad and told us to get off his property.. The rest the night went great though! We contacted a lot of referrals and taught them. Many of them were not interested, but still respected us and out beliefs. Did get a new investigator though, her name is Ethle and she is in a wheelchair. She invited us back for this Tuesday (26th). Also, we ran into a lady, Gabby, and asked if she had talked to missionaries before and she ended up being interested!

Thursday, woke up to quite a bit of snow and 18 degree temperature. I got to do a training on Talking to Everyone! It went pretty well. We then tried a bunch of people, but got canceled. We then helped the Datko's move and that took awhile. We then went back to see Gabby and taught her Lesson 1! It went super well and she accepted the invitation to be baptized Dec. 21st!! We then went and taught Isiah a few of the Commandments like, Obedience, Law of Chastity, and Word of Wisdom. It was awkward at parts with his aunt there with him, but it went very well.

Friday, Had Elder Ruiz's training meeting early and it went well! We then had Weekly Planning for a few hours. It went well and we are much more effective.  We then taught Consuelho that night and invited her to be baptized. She didn't say no, but doesn't want to commit to anything. She needs help finding a new job so she can get to work.

Saturday, had studies and then went to Olde Town Arvada and passed out BOM's! We passed out like 6 or so in about 45 min. Talked to some great people as well! We then taught Lindsey and Jesse and it was kinda difficult to keep the lesson under control. Lindsey was very sad because she believes this is the true church and she told us her experience of receiving an answer! Her soon to be husband still hasn't received and answer yet and it kinda frustrates her. She actually got to tears at one point. She is awesome and I think Jesse will receive his answer soon! After dinner we has stake conference, where Presidents Jones and Toombs both spoke! It was very good and Ranea and Brother Kubic even came!

Sunday, had the morning session of stake conference and it was great! We then ate our sack lunches with some other Elders and after we went to the Quail building to prepare for WMC.  We then went and tried a referral that we tried to contact like every day this week. Nellie answered the door and we introduced ourselves. She asked if we could talk right then and we said we had dinner in about 10 minutes. We told her we would come back though! We rushed and ate dinner at the Hanks, which was super good, as fast as we could! Called Elder Pratt and he met us there and we talked with her for awhile. She has an amazing life story that shows the hand of God preparing her for this church! She has had an amazing life growing up as a Muslim and converting to Christianity! Her coworkers have also prepared her for this truth as well! It was so cool to see the help of other churches preparing her for the true church! After that amazing experience we went and taught Isiah with Sister Lara and it went very well! I am pretty sure he has received his answer, but is still looking for the same feeling he got the first time we prayed with him. He is so ready to be Baptized!!

Mom, Thank you so much for the efforts of getting my visa work done! I am grateful it all worked out! So, I may get my visa in 2-4 weeks!? Crazy! Tell Amy to stay away from the boys. Sounds like you had an amazing week! I am gonna miss you guys during the holidays! This will be the first time I have ever been away from you during these amazing holidays. I love you Mom!! Emme is SO cute!

Dad, I received the envelop to resubmit my criminal record and I sent it back to SLC about 2 weeks ago. Things are looking promising for me to receive my visa. Elder Chipmen and Sister Hansen, missionaries I came out with, both received their visas! I am pretty sure that paper work is what you are talking about and I hope I did everything I was suppose to do. Will you call the Travel Office and see if i completed everything needed? I went to the police station here and got my finger prints and everything for the criminal record so hopefully you and mom getting the letter from St. George Police  helped speed it up! I don't think the water balloon incident was on the first criminal record either..haha. Thank you so much for sending the cleats and popcorn and HUGE bag of M&M's! : ) I feel the same way about my visa coming soon! The weather here is getting very cold and snow is on the ground.

This week has been amazing! Elder Ruiz and I continue to see blessings and we develop a great love for these people! I am so glad I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I love my mission!:) I am so thankful for the amazing family that I have and the support they give me. All of you have a great Thanksgiving and think of all the things you are grateful for! I miss you all and love you!

Script. of the day: Ether 12:4

Elder Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment