Monday, November 18, 2013

37th Letter 11-18-13



Dear Family, 

This week has been amazing! Some exciting things happened that were quite a surprise. I also was able to give a talk in sacrament meeting on Tithing. I continue to feel of God's love for me and my companion. We are continuing to progress ourselves and in the work we are doing. So, since I wrote you on Tuesday I will start from there.

Tuesday, I got to email all of you because of Veterans Day the day before. I also got my finger prints done at the police station and mailed the forms back to church headquarters. Maybe the 3rd time is a charm for my visa. We went to ARC for awhile and then had dinner with the Maximoff's, which was interesting. The husband is Russian and seems like he doesn't really like us -haha. Sister Maximoff is always very nice to us and loves to have us over. That night we taught the Pistora's. Byran had some great questions, but had anti concerns. Most of the Anti-Mormon material is on the prophets, like Joseph Smith and Brigham Young's imperfections and the plural marriage thing. We, as well as Brother Pratt, tried to resolve these concerns, but what it comes down to is that knowing the answers to all this anti crap doesn't matter, it's having a testimony of the Gospel! That is all we can do is invite them to come unto the fold of Christ and help them make covenants. None of us are smart enough to know why all of these things happened and again it doesn't matter. What matters is if the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet, which leads to knowing this is the true church of Jesus Christ. This visit with them strengthened my testimony even more. We then had to clean the car really good for zone conference.

Wednesday, we woke up early to go to Zone Conference. We learned so much there! The stake president came as well and taught us some amazing principles. He is really progressing the missionary work here in the Arvada Stake. After the conference we taught the Hanks. We then had dinner with 2 new investigators. After dinner we taught them The Restoration of the Gospel. It went very well and Lindsey is very ready for baptism. She explained in the middle of the lesson that she felt chills all over and that she wasn't cold. We told her that she was feeling the Holy Ghost.

Thursday, had great studies and then went to ARC for awhile. After ARC we went and tried a bunch of referrals and also tract homes that we felt prompted to visit. We didn't have much luck, but one of the last doors of the night was a solid couple. We talked to the husband about Christ and how he wanted his girl friend to be baptized and I think he feels we can help with this progression. That night we had dinner with the Phillips and Elder Ruiz was able to practice his teaching. I told him to take lead in L.3, and he did very well. That night we taught Cousuelho more of the restoration and she received it very well.

Friday, we studied and then went to the Food Bank. Had lunch there and after we did our weekly planning session at the church. Then we taught Andi, a less-active lady, who went through some hard times. The spirit was very strong with her and I know she felt Him comfort her. Had dinner at the church and then we tried a few more referrals. Ran into a very pretty girl around my age and shared our beliefs with her, but she declined in hearing the lessons. We then taught the Kubic's. We have finally narrowed it down to what we need to do for Sister Kubic. First she must find out what makes her happy in life and then we as members and missionaries need to share with her experiences and anything that can help her recognize the spirit. I think we progressed a lot with her.

Saturday, We had studies and then met a few Elders to have breakfast. We went to ARC after for a few hours. Dinner was with the Maxwell's and then we did Operation Round-up. President Jones presented it to us and Zone Conference, so we went to all progressing investigators homes and invited them to church. I think it is a great idea. Later that evening we taught Rubi and Beto. B. Agnew came with us and talked to Beto about passing the sacrament. We shared the Gospel of Christ with them and it went well. We challenged Rubi to be baptized by the end of the year.

Sunday, I was a little nervous for my talk, but as I studied and prayed that nervous feeling left. Had Ward Council with the new bishopric. We then did Operation Roster, where we call everyone we invited and see if they are coming. Beto showed up and came to pass the sacrament and he did very well! My talk on Tithing went well and I felt like my main focus was on Obedience. I was able to share stories of when I had the paper route and how I payed tithing at a young age. I think they enjoyed my talk. One member said I sounded like a high priest speaking -haha. Lindsey and Jesse both came to church and they enjoyed it very well. After church we had Ward Missionary correlation with President Jones, which was kinda intimidating. He helped the Ward Missionaries a lot and also helped us a ton. Dinner with the Larson's was great and after we had an amazing lesson with Isiah and Amanda. Sister Jentzch came with us and we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The spirit was so powerful in the room. Isiah and Amanda both felt it very strongly. We answered many of their questions. Towards the end we invited them to be baptized on December 24th. It was very bold of us to invite them and we promised the blessings of making this commitment. At the beginning of the lesson Amanda felt like she had never felt the spirit before in her life, but by the end she said she wanted to be baptized and come closer to God, and she knew this would make her a better mother for her son. She told us that night she had felt something different. She was in tears and the faith she now had was marvelous. Isiah was antsy at first but found much comfort from his sisters faith. It was so cool!!! We could all feel of Heavenly Fathers love for all of us in that room. It was a miracle. I know we couldn't have done it without the spirit and I know I will never forget this experience. WOW! Elder Ruiz improved a lot in his teaching just in the past week.

I don't know why I am being blessed so much. This mission is nothing I anticipated. Going on a mission is one of the best decisions I have made in this life. Heavenly Father continues to bless this ward and I definitely see his hand in this work. This is a miracle!

Mom, it is getting cold here. Specifically in the morning and evening. I like the cold though.Thank you for offering to pray for my investigators. I think the Pistora's, Lindsey and Jesse, Isiah and Amanda, the Terrazas Family, and the Hanh family can use some blessings. Moroni 7 is an awesome chapter! I can't believe I am going to be able to talk to you on Christmas. That's the only present I need. Really Mom I don't need anything. I think 11:00AM will work. We will see what works best. Hopefully I can find an awesome member with computers to let us Skype again! : ) Mom, you are right. There is nothing I would rather being doing right now besides serving the Lord. Mom, I love you so much! 

Dad, Thank you for the great sports update! Too bad about Dixie... That is cool about Amanda and Shaye building a home. Sounds like Saint George is doing great! Our family is so blessed! Sometimes I ask why...

I love all of you so much and think about you a lot! 

Love, 

Elder Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment