Tuesday, November 12, 2013

36th Letter 11-12-13


Photos: Top-Elders Ruiz, Me & Rampton, Bottom-Elders Rampton, Kasten & Me

Another good week here in Arvada. I found out I will be staying here in the 2nd ward for awhile longer as a trainer. I am pretty excited for it. I am training Elder Ruiz, which was quite a surprise -haha. The work here in the 2nd ward is awesome and the members are very helpful. Really feel like they trust us with their referrals.

Monday we got to email and play sports. A few elders in the zone and I even got to go to the gym again! After that we played basketball and shopped for awhile before going to dinner with Greg Johnson. He is such a funny guy! His knowledge of the gospel is insane! Had exchanges that night with Elder Potter coming here and Ruiz going there.

Tuesday, we had studies with Elder Potter and Rampton. Then we went and helped an elderly lady rake her leaves. We also got to share a message with her! Elder Potter is a good guy and we get along with him well. We then went to Beto's house and talked with Counsuelo, Beto's daughter. Asked her if she was interested in hearing our message and she said yes. Her interest must of been high for awhile because she had some amazing questions.

Wednesday, we went to the food bank for awhile and then rushed to zone meeting. It was a very good meeting and I learned a lot. Taught Sister Maximoff about the priesthood, and then taught the Hanks Lesson 1. The knowledge they had from when I got here compared to now has like doubled. We then met with Rubi and Beto and then had a meeting with the ward missionary leader, Brother Rankin. After that we talked with Rodney about more of the Bible. Cleared up more of his beliefs like, he actually does believe in the Godhead and not the trinity. He still is very confused though.

Thursday, Emme's Birthday!! Helped the Hamblin's rake up their leaves and shared a message with them. They are a good family. After that we went to Yogurt Land with Elder Tonga and his comp. to celebrate Emme's birthday! : ) Ran into Brother Winder and his coworkers and Lindsey, a referral he gave us was with them. We talked to her for a bit and she seems very interested! She told Brother Winder that she thinks the Elders showed up for a reason. She is reading the Book of Mormon already and watching General Conference talks online! We hope we get to teach her soon! Met with Jennifer and she gave me a CD with Portuguese songs on it. It is pretty cool! We then went to ARC and had some exciting things happen -haha. Dinner with the Melonies' family was awesome. Only one of them is a member, so I think it might of helped. This night went crazy for a bit... So we met with Laurden and asked her about her preparation for baptism and if she talked to her uncle yet. That's when her mother lost it.  She made me feel worthless...she made me feel like I failed as a missionary. She told us we didn't listen well and that Laurden isn't getting baptized.  Brother Carrol was there as well and totally backed us up. The mother made a whole lot of drama out of it and we ended the lesson and walked out.  I really felt something evil inside Laurden's mom...it was scary. The night ended on a good note, though. We went and taught Amanda and Isiah, answered their questions and then watched the Restoration movie with them. They are progressing rapidly! It's cool!

Friday, I got a new criminal record sheet to fill out so for my visa, so I had to work on that for awhile. This is my 3rd time doing it...Sister Pratt called Mom to get my SS# and I got to tell Sister Pratt to tell my Mom that I love her. : )  We then helped the Datko's move out of the storage unit and they got us food.  We went to the Fayards and talked to them for a bit. They ended up dropping us... I guess they just weren't ready for it.  I feel like they will accept it someday though. Talked with Eli this night and also taught Cousuelo the first lesson! It went very well!  Then President Toombs called us and let Elder Rampton and I know we were both gonna be trainers.

Saturday, we went to the trainers meeting in the morning and then had lunch at Fuzzy's. For dinner we pranked Elder Ruiz into thinking it was a ex-FLDS family and he was pretty nervous the whole time. It was funny! We then went and talked with the Pistora's and shared something with them. Then that night we found out where we were going for transfers. I was pretty shocked when I found out I was staying here and Rampton was leaving.  I am excited to stay in this ward, though. It is a great area.

Sunday, Church was awesome. We had a nice surprise when former Elder Kasten showed up with his parents.  He is a great guy. Mom you probably got some pictures from him. We then met with a high council member who gave us some great ides to improve the work even more. He also told us to try and help these surrounding wards improve their work as well.  Elder Ruiz and Rampton had to pack before going to dinner with the Carrols. The Kasten's also went there and ate with all of us. It was a fun night! We then talked with Rubi and Beto again and Beto committed to come to church every Sunday!

Monday, was a strange P-day. No libraries were open because of Veterans Day so we did our studies and then went and played basketball. At like 2:00pm we left to the orientation to pick up our new companions and I was surprised with Elder Ruiz being my companion. This whole week with all the surprises gave me a headache. ha.. We loaded all of his stuff back in the car and headed home. Had dinner with Sister Maupin and the Johnsons, which was a blast, and then taught the Hanks.

Mom, it sounds like an exciting week for you! : ) A lot is going on back at home. Awesome to hear Amy is doing so well. I will let the Pratt's know how much you appreciate them. Thank you for the video of Emme's party! :) Emme is so cute! Also, thank you for the referral, mom! You are awesome. I will try and find them. If you have any more information about them, like the address, let me know!

Dad, that is awesome you got to talk to Sister (Jeanette) Allen the day after I talked to her. It is a small world! Sounds like you are busy. I am so glad that missionary work is staying a major focus in the church. It is so awesome!! Sometimes I wanna be the 4th Nephite and stay doing this forever! -haha Thanks again for the sports update. Dixie sounds like they are doing work!

Family, thank you so much for all the support you all give me. I feel of your love and prayers daily. I miss all of you so much and hope everything is going well. Continue to help the missionaries in your area and pray for missionary opportunities. I love you!!

Love, 

Elder Hauck 

No comments:

Post a Comment