Monday, August 5, 2013

22nd Letter 8-5-13



Family,

The week was awesome (again)!! It rained almost everyday, and being on a bike the rain helps cool us off! Elder Krogh and I are doing great! Monday night we taught a less-active sister. She is awesome! We taught her The Gospel of Jesus Christ! It was an amazing lesson! The spirit was so strong! I love lessons that go perfect! I feel like I get almost as much out of them as the person we are teaching does. By the end of the lesson she really opened up to us and told us she has felt the spirit and that she has forgotten the gospel of this church and she wants it back! Tuesday was a slow day, but that happens once in a while. That night I went on exchanges with Elder Tonga for his court date (for the fight he had with the two punks back in June) on Wednesday. The Hahn's took us and it was all pretty pointless. They moved his court date because they didn't have all the police reports.

The Hahn's asked a lot of good questions and they pretty much want to take the lessons. Which is amazing because they used to be way against the Church and our beliefs. They want Elder Tonga and I to teach the lessons to them, but we aren't in their area any more. I just found out last night that Tony Hahn called President Toombs and he said Elder Tonga and I can teach them! I never thought that would happen... I'm way excited though! They are ready for this!

Thursday we ran into a potential investigator named Patty. She is awesome! She asked a lot of questions about  the Book of Mormon and Christ coming to the America's. She seemed very interested and wanted us to come back this week! Then we had dinner with Bishop Monson. His family is awesome! After we talked with James about faith. He notices that he really needs to strengthen his faith. He wants to be baptized, but just wants to believe all of it.

Friday, we helped Dilma Ray with her yard and she even made us breakfast! She is an amazing lady! After that Sister Lindsay took us out to eat with Lilia and her daughters.  It was fun to catch up with Lilia! Dinner was with a less-active family. They seem like a great family that prays and reads together. They were offended 8 years ago in this same ward and haven't come back since... It's so sad that these people stay offended for so long.  I hope what I told them can help them.  That night we did exchanges with the zone leaders. Elder Elton came to my area, so it was kind of hard because I have only been here two weeks, but my direction and map skills have improved a ton so it was easy! I think I can thank the paper route for this one.

Saturday was awesome! Dilma had her baptism in the morning. President Todd baptized her. I got to be a witness. When she was in the font with President Todd the spirit was so strong! When he started to say the prayers Dilma started to cry a little. Being right there to see all of this and feel all of this really strengthened my testimony in knowing this is the true order of baptism. After the baptism Elder Elton and I went out for the day. Ran into sister Tiato's husband (6'6" and probably 400 lbs), he was a teddy bear though! He isn't a member, but he invited us to talk with him under a tree by his house and he asked some great questions. He even told us to come back this week!! That night we got caught in a monsoon!! haha I thought I had seen a rain storm before, but this was CRAZY!  In seconds we were soaked! We were on our bikes and were pretty far from home. What was good about the whole thing is a random family let us hang out in their garage for a bit. They talked to us for about an hour until the storm passed. Riding in the storm was a blast! Even though I think my pants got ruined and some water damage in my backpack, it was all worth it!

Sunday we were riding around before church and I decided to go talk to this guy in his garage. His name was Rick, a super chill guy. He opened up to us very quick and told us he feels like God doesn't love him. We told him what we believe and he told us we inspired him. He told us he felt good around us, but when we asked to come back he told us this inspiration he has gotten was enough... "No, it's not enough though! Let us bring this good feeling to you again!!" Hopefully he thinks about it and calls us soon.

At church this guy named Ian showed up and pretty much told us he wants the lessons so he can be baptized. It is crazy how fast this work is growing! People are coming to us now! Haha. After church and dinner we tried a few houses and got some set lessons for this week. Then on the way home I saw a guy in his garage. Elder Krogh has a goal to OYM (open your mouth) with people, so I'm helping him with that. I told him to go talk to this guy about what he's doing, if he needs help, and to introduce our purpose to him. The man, Burt, accepted us well and we taught him part of Lesson One on the spot! This work is so much bigger than all of us! I have really seen the power of God since being out here serving the Lord!

Mom, I'm glad you are helping the missionaries out back home! My advice would be to go take some cookies over and first invite them over for dinner. This is how you will get to know them. Then wait a week or so and invite them again, but this time have the missionaries over too! Let the Steads know before hand that the missionaries are coming as well to teach our family and would love for them to be with you. Of course pray for further guidance! : )

Mom I think you are AMAZING!!

Glad to hear Ben made it back from his mission in Chile! I bet he has grown a ton spiritually! Tell him I say hello! I hear the new change at the temple is cool, hopefully I get to go soon! 

Steph, I'm excited for you to go away for school! Get as much out of it as you can! You will realize while you are away that Mom and Dad are actually very smart and know what is best! Haha... Really though this time you will be away will grow you up fast! One thing I want you to remember is that spiritual growth comes first. The first few weeks at the U I didn't go to church. I felt preparing for the upcoming week of school was more important. I soon realized it wasn't! Once I started going to church and institute every week I felt school get easier! Crazy how it worked out!  I'm proud of you and will pray for you! I Love you Steph!

Amy, good luck with school!! I love you!

Dad, your upcoming talk in church is going to be amazing! I'm sure you have thought a lot about it, but hopefully what I say can help. The change in missionary work has changed the way we need to work. Hastening the work of salvation is here and we are starting the harvest! Being out here on my mission I see this change and growth first hand! The flood gates have opened of the gathering of God's elect and we must be ready! The members need to be living the gospel to the T! Members also need to study the gospel, especially using Preach My Gospel will help! Help others not be scared of opening their mouths!  D&C 84:85 is a great verse.

I hope that helped a little..

I want all of you to know that we are all missionaries of our Heavenly Father. This gospel has blessed all of our lives so much and we need to share it with others. Being out here on the mission has opened my eyes. I now know that everyone needs this gospel in their life! This is the path to true happiness!

I love you all so much and hope everything is going well!

Love,
Elder Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment