Monday, March 10, 2014

51st Letter 3-10-14





 Pictures: 1-Chorraso Party!!  2-After the party (It was Luise's birthday, father of Jonathan)

Minha Bonita Legal Melhor Familia,

Another great week here in Brazil! Elder Gois and I had some great success! I am starting to be able to teach a lot better and my accent is a little better. It feels so much better to have people understand me and I can usually understand them! The relationships are growing much faster!:) This week we got Arce on date for the 15 of March to be baptized! We are super excited for him and the progress he has made. We moved into a new house that is actually in our area, I think Pres. will be putting another companionship here in Passo next transfer. The house is cool, but we have no sink, oven, microwave, or table... ha-ha

Monday, P-days are always good!:) Got a lot done and even had time to make more cookies! Elder Crandall packed up his stuff and left to his new area. This night we had a great lesson with Sofia, a new member here in São Borja. She is super nice, but her family has some problems. She loves our visits!:)

Tuesday, had a great district meeting where we learned a lot about baptismal invites. It really is important that we invite with love and clarity. We focused a lot on this and want to use it during the week! This helped a lot with Arce´s baptismal invite. We taught Cézar the rest of the Plan of Salvation, his wife and him love the messages we have! They really study the pamphlets and Cézar is pretty far in the BOM!:) Adriana and her family dropped us. I think her husband said something. We also found out that her husband has two wives.... Adriana and another wife live with him and this is why they have so many kids.... I think Adriana really knows this church is true though. Kind of sad. We taught Mateus and Maria Edwardo also, Mateus is super cool and Maria is sweet, but I don’t think she wants to be baptized.

Wednesday, today we had much success! First during studies we really thought a lot about Arce and felt that he is ready for baptism. We looked at two dates in March and prayed and asked Heavenly Father which date is best for Arce. We both received the date 15 of March! So we went and taught him! We explained about baptism and why we need to, also about the priesthood authority. He understood all of it and he accepted the baptismal invite! He is awesome!!:) Later that day we taught Ariston and Norma! After the lesson they let me ride one of the horses! It was super cool! I will need to get a picture with them and send it to you. Amy will appreciate this!:) We then taught Marisa and Nately. We taught them more about the BOM and baptism. Invited them to be baptized and they want to. We will work with them to find a date that is right. This night we taught Marley about Baptism. We need to get her to have a stronger desire to be baptized than to smoke. Very difficult, but I know she can do it. Pray for her.

Thursday, another awesome day, taught Arce about the word of wisdom. We thought he might have had a problem with drinking, but he doesn't. He says he doesn't have a problem with any of the things! We were pretty happy about this! We then taught a few people, but the Lesson with Cézar went well! We finished up The Plan of Salvation. He will come to church again as well! We contacted a potential investigator, but he isn't interested. That night we had a great lesson with Jonathan’s family. He is a member, but his mom and dad aren't. They want to be baptized, but have a lot of problems to work out.

Friday, today was a little slower. Didn't have too much luck. Taught Erraclades  and Arce again. Talked with Arce about his baptism and he is very excited! We then had a great lesson with Frenando and Mechela. I don’t know if you remember but they have a problem with the leadership of our branch. We talked a lot about it and helped resolve their concerns. A powerful question was, if they taught the Savior has confidence in these leaders? Their was many tears and they said they would come to church!:)

Saturday, taught Arce again, this time about tithing. He doesn't understand it too well right now, but we will explain it better this week when we meet with him. We will teach him everyday this week. Had to spend some time working on the new house. Like talking with the owner and sorting everything out. Later this day we taught Cézar and Rosa about the Gospel of Christ. It went very well! We invited them to be baptized as well, but Cézar wants to prepare more. We feel like he is ready, but when I explained this to him he kind of got frustrated. We then taught Cristiane and Helen and that night had a great lesson with Nara. She opened up to us a lot more!:)

Sunday, church went super well! I gave Arce one of my ties and he wore it to church, Cézar came with a suit this time, and we had a lot of LA there as well! Frenando and Mechela came. I was very excited to see them. I think it has been 2-3 years since they have been in the church. The chapel was actually somewhat full today! Was a very good change! When they announced Arce´s baptism he gave the First counselor a thumbs up, above his head. Was super funny!:) We had a great lunch with Jonathan and his family. Chorrasco!!:) While we were eating a fight went on in the house next to them. The wife chased the husband out of the house with a knife and almost stabbed him in the chest. Was seriously 1 inch away. This was crazy to see...We had to back up all our stuff today to move tomorrow (today/Monday).

I am so grateful for these blessings that I am receiving here! I love this service that I am able to be a part of! Really doesn’t matter where you serve, but how you serve! My testimony is growing a lot and my foundation is more of Christ everyday! I am so grateful for my family and the love and support they give me! I miss all of you so much!

Mom, Spring Break already!! CRAZY!!  I can´t wait to hear all about your spring break. Amy is going to live at BYU housing! The craziest thing that happened during Carnival was a fight in front of our house. The people that live in front of us had a party all night. In the morning something happened and they were all yelling and one kid threw a brick and hit a kid in the head. Someone called the cops and they calmed everything down. It was pretty nuts, but kind of funny. This was the craziest thing that happened during Carnival. It sounds like the Family is doing awesome! That is so cool about Dresden´s call! Paris, France will be awesome! When does he go? Mom...you are an angel for helping that man at church! I love you. That story is amazing! You are a true servant of the Lord! I love the photos! : )

Dad, that is awesome about all the new youth getting their calls! Especially Drez! We are still receiving a lot of new missionaries every transfer. I think it is between 20-30 arriving and 10-20 leave to home. Awesome Michael Ammon got home! Crazy how fast time goes. Being accustomed to the work here really is a blessing. We don’t do too much service here, usually only proselyting. I kind of wish we had more service opportunities besides the few people working on their yard and such. My favorite thing to do on P-day is probably email. The river is super close and we are going there today! : ) I have adapted to the water pretty well and don’t have any problems with my body. I am going to start running to the river and back every morning. When I get home we need to start running together! : )

I love all of you so much! Tell everyone I miss them!

Elder Hauck (Haucky) This is how they say my name here. Howkee!

No comments:

Post a Comment