Monday, April 28, 2014

58th Letter 4-28-14


Happy Birthday to Amy and Dad!! :) Feliz Aniversario!!!

Good Morning family and friends. This week was very... interesting... Probably more interesting than any other week on the mission. Never know what will happen next on the mission. I will start off by explaining the beginning of the week and then explain the strange/interesting/different part.

So Monday, P-day went well here! Saw some pretty views of the river Uruguaiana and did all the things we needed to get done. During the night we had to buy our tickets for Zone meeting in São Borja. After that we had a meeting with Irmão João about the work here and the investigators we have. He is a great Mission leader and has some great ideas!

Tuesday, woke-up early to catch the bus to São Borja. Elder Assis wouldn't wake up and so he made us late leaving the house. We ended up running to the bus station, which is a good 3 miles from the house. Good early morning workout. I think the neighbors in Itaqui were a little confused of why we were running in our suits and ties at 7 in the morning. Ha-ha! But the Zone Meeting went very well! I gave training on how we can better work with the members. I studied a lot the past week for this training and received some good inspiration or revelation of what was needed to be taught in our Zone. Tadd Challis taught me that a good training isn't one where one person is teaching the rest of the people, but one where everyone is thinking, feeling, and talking; sharing our ideas with one another. I used this and it went very well! We talked of what things the members need to understand and how we can help them have confidence in the work and in us, and how they are able to act in this work by sharing their testimonies, love, service, etc. I was very happy of how that training went and I hope the Elders and Sisters of the zone feel the same way. We returned home later that night and this is where things got interesting. I asked Elder Assis if he wanted to plan for tomorrow with me, he said he didn't want to and doesn't know about the whole mission thing. I talked with him for a good hour about the mission and of all the potential he has if he continues the mission. I shared my testimony and tried hard to help him understand the importance of him staying on a mission, but he wouldn't receive my help. I told him to ponder and pray about this, but he said he doesn't want to pray anymore.

The days following got worse and worse. He opened up and told me of some personal problems he has mentally and spiritually. He has many doubts of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Book of Mormon, and of Jesus Christ. This week I spent many hours trying to help him. I invited him to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true, but he wouldn't do it! I bore my testimony of this Book, but he wouldn't listen to me. He told me the Book is nothing to him. Many things like this happened this week, even situations more serious than this happened. He has so many doubts and has so much pride that he wouldn't listen to me....from Wednesday-Sunday I tried helping him. I prayed for him and asked the other Elders to pray for him as well. I talked with the zone leaders and they tried to help as well. He wouldn't leave the house to work and he wouldn't receive our help. Many things he said made me sick to my stomach. How could someone reject these truths like this? I tried to respect him, but it is very hard now...I have never seen someone so confused! I explained to him that this is all from Satan and that Satan is confusing him, but he brushed it off like I didn’t know what I was saying.

Many problems happened this week that are personal to him and I don’t know if I should say them. He talked with President Parrela Sunday and things are the same. Assis will be leaving soon.

This week has given me a lot of time to search for holes that I have in my testimony. I, of course, found little holes that I know I can patch up with the help of the Savior, but truly this whole experience has strengthened my testimony and my patience. I truly know that this church is true, Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that Jesus is the Christ! I will never and can never deny these truths!

I hope your week went better than mine. I hope that you all thank Heavenly Father for the testimonies that you have of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you guys!

Mom, I was able to see the Piano Guys video you sent me! Very cool! Awesome about Amy!! Amy you are awesome! You are making the rest of the siblings look bad! Ha-ha. Mom, that book you and Dad are reading sounds very cool! I want to read that when I get home. “Jesus The Christ” is teaching me so much about the Savior! Holy Cow! Sounds like you are learning many things Mom. I hope I can be like you and always be learning new things! You are such a great example to me! Trust me mom, I feel of your prayers and love constantly! 

Dad, Awesome to hear about Aaron Behmer. He is a cool kid. I forgot he was in Uruguay. Super cool about Grandpa Hauck and his work in Oman and about Greg retiring from the Marines! Awesome Pictures! I love you Dad.

Sorry this letter was a sad letter. This next week will be a happy one!
I love you all!
Elder Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment