Monday, July 28, 2014

71st Letter 7-28-14


Pictures: 1-Before Cesar’s confirmation, 2-The cookies I made! : )

 Dear Best Family Ever,

Another great week here in Itaqui! This week was very cool because Elder Cotrim had the opportunity to be senior comp. for a week. This plays part of the new missionary training program. It was awesome to see how great he did and to feel proud that I did a well job training him as a missionary. He is very organized, obedient, diligent, spiritual, and teaches great! He thinks I have helped him a lot, but really it is me that was helped in this whole process! He has helped me a lot with my vision as a missionary. I feel a lot more confident in all aspects of the work and in my testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! I feel like Alma the younger! Ha-ha

This week we had some great opportunities to teach. We taught a lot of people about the Plan of Salvation. I am understanding more about this plan! Some things that I didn´t quiet understand completely about Adam and Eve and the Fall (Agency) are much more clear now. How amazing is the Plan! And how amazing is it that we can always learn new things. This is a sign to me that our Heavenly Father loves us so much.  He will never limit our learning! Yes we limit our understanding and learning when we sin and don’t have faith, but if we are faithful and act with our faith we will learn line upon line and precept upon precept! 

We had a lesson with Algostinho this week that went very well! Algostinho is a guy that likes to joke around a lot. He is reading the Book of Mormon and has doubts, but we are responding to every single doubt. He begun to joke around about the gospel again and said a few things disrespectful and we waited patiently until our time. The spirit returned and I bore my testimony with as much love and strength that I could that The Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet! And that if he would sear (seek & hear) with a sincere heart he would find answers that would change his life forever. The look on his face changed completely. Elder Cotrim then bore his powerful testimony and Algostonho said few words after this...he said, ”Give me a little time to read and pray.”

Another night this week we taught a couple that are new investigators. They are so nice and welcoming to us! They remind me of Chris and Debra! Ha-ha. We taught them the restoration and it went so well! I won’t lie I was a little nervous because this family is elect!! Ha-ha, but the lesson finished great and we will return this week and follow-up with their answer from Heavenly Father! The spirit is very pure there in their home and makes it very peaceful to teach!

This week we had a great activity with the Branch! We had a few trainings for the teenagers and the adults about how they can prepare for a mission and how they can prepare their kids for the mission. Also had some fun trainings, one being learning how to cook Mom´s Famous Cookies! : ) Ha-ha. It went very good! The branch paid for the ingredients so I could make over 120 cookies! Ha-ha. 

Yesterday night we had a lesson with Jucelino that went very good! Joabel, a member, helped out with the lesson. Jucelino is doing very well, just is sad that his “wife” (girlfriend) is being so difficult with things. She isn´t against the church, but definitely isn´t for it. Ha-ha! Her son Matues wants to be baptized, but she doesn´t think he is responsible enough. We believe differently. Jucelino has a lot of the Light of Christ! He has changed so much in his life! He had many problems with the law of chastity, but when he found the true and living gospel he changed completely! He has such a strong testimony! What a great example to me and all the other members here in Itaqui!

This week went very smoothly and I know things will only improve! We have a baptism this week that will be awesome! It is the baptism of a 9-year-old girl that is the daughter of two less-actives that are returning now.

Mom, that is awesome everything is going well! Looks like the weather there is very good! It was pretty cold this week here! I hope Papa Joe’s birthday will go great! Give him a hug for me! Love you so much Mom! : )

Dad sounds like you had an awesome week! The air show is super cool!  Did someone teach you Portuguese? Patos means duck or swan...ha-ha! What are you trying to say? Love the Pictures! Love you Dad!

I love all of you so much!

Elder Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment