Monday, August 4, 2014

72nd Letter 8-4-14


Pictures: 1-At the ward mission leader´s home. 2-In São Borja with the Assistants.

Família Marvalhosa,

Can you believe it? I am down to 6 months! I found out I will leave here January 27th! It’s crazy how fast time went by. I feel like finally my vision is clear, my Portuguese is good, and I know how to work in the way most affective! Now I can just bring as many people to Christ as He needs me to! I am excited to finish these 6 months strong!

This week went by great! So we had a surprise meeting Tuesday with the President´s assistants in São Borja, which went very good! They taught us about how we can work better and bring everyone to Christ. It was very spiritual and I learned a lot of new things that we applied in our area this past week. Elder Cotrim and I have a vision much more clear. We are now working, finding, and teaching to baptize! This is what President Parrela wants us to do.

So after the meeting Elder Taxeira came with us to Itaqui to do an exchange with us. He also gave me a little training on how I can be a better District Leader. The exchange with him went very good and Elder Cotrim and I learned many new things with him. This same night we had an amazing lesson with Simone and Marecelo. So we showed up in their home, and it was just Marecelo. He is super cool and very open to us. Actually, after a bit of talking about what we have shared with him so far he opened up a lot and explained how a few months ago they lost a baby. The baby was born dead. It was very sad to hear this, but was a joy to know that we have the Plan of Salvation to teach them. He told us not to say anything to Simoni yet, because she is still very emotional about it, but after we explained a little of the Plan of Salvation he knew it would help her understand things better. I remembered the first lesson she asked us why we (humans) are here on the earth and also why we have problems here. The spirit was very strong and we didn´t get to teach all of the Plan of Salvation, but we will return this week and explain much more! Simone showed up later and we shared a little about the Plan of Salvation and followed-up on their reading. They are super sincere and have a great desire to learn more. I can´t wait to teach the Plan of Salvation to them this week!

President Parrela visited us here in Itaqui this week and took us to lunch at a very nice restaurant and after he did our interviews. President and Sister Parrela are awesome! He helped me a lot with some goals that I want to complete, and also how I can be a better leader. We had a good time with him and learned a ton! 

Later this week we gave a tour of the chapel to Agostinho. It was very spiritual and he talked about the good “energy” he felt inside the Chapel. We then entered the room where the Baptismal font is and we asked him to say a prayer. We kneeled down and he offered a very humble prayer. He asked to know of the truth and he explained to God that he is feeling well here. The spirit was very strong here with him. We then opened the doors of the Font and showed him. He went to the railing in front of the Font and he folded him arms above the railing and leaned himself against it. We joined him and kept silent for a bit. We then asked him to follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized. He said he will when he knows it is true. The spirit that we felt there was so awesome! He felt it for sure and I think it kind of shocked him. Lets see how he follows his answer.

We had many lessons this week very powerful! We invited everyone to be baptized!! We talked to so many people in the street as well! We are trying to bring the work more towards the center of the city, where the Chapel is and all the rich people live. It will be a slow transition, but will be very good! We had a lesson with Neide and invited her to be baptized and she said she would after resolving doubts about her baptism in the Catholic church. Elder Cotrim and I are working well together and have some great goals for August.

Mom and Dad, President Parrela invited me to tell you that I am doing great! He said that I am using the time here on the mission to do what is right and that I am giving my full effort. He said that not one cent of the money used on this mission is being wasted. I want to let you know that this is true and that I am serving with all my heart, might, mind and strength. It is kind of sad at times how tired I am. After 1 year and 6 months of working everyday your body gets tired..ha-ha! But it’s more than worth it!

I love you both so much!

And to the rest of you awesome people, Os Amo!

Love,

Elder Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment