Monday, October 27, 2014

84th Letter 10-27-14


Photos: Beautiful Uruguaiana and The District on P-day!

Coisas estão melhorando!

Alright alright, so can you guys pray that the time will slow down! It is flying by super, super fast. This week we found more success, which means the time flew by even faster! Sometimes I don’t like this rule...ha-ha!

So this week went a lot better than the others. Elder Silveir and I had a good talk and we are going to change some things in our way of working. The following day we saw some great changes take place in the area. 

We have been working a lot with 2 girls that want to be baptized this week. Their dad is a member, but the mom isn´t and she doesn´t want to change yet. But she likes us a lot and is always inviting us over to have dinner with them. The 2 girls, Luisa and Laticia, remind me a lot of Amy, they are a little quiet but very sweet and they will be baptized this week! It should be a great baptism! I am excited! :)

We had a good activity in the ward for the youth and it went well! I was in charge of the Ping Pong, so I was able to play a little. :) Here in Uruguaiana the youth are a great force, which makes the activities very fun and productive. The wards here have a great capability to grow a ton!

Last week we ran into two sisters that are very cool. We taught them the restoration and they loved it and seem to understand and desire to learn more. I think they will progress.

We taught our beloved Carlos again. He still is an emotional wreck but we are taking those baby steps! That´s who he reminds me of! The guy from that movie “What about Bob” Haha! But no…the lesson we had with him went very spiritual and it helped him a lot. We talked about the Atonement. :)

On Friday we were walking in the street and a lady with two baby kids pulled up in a car and called me over. She asked if we were from the Mormon Church and I said yes. She asked if we could visit her and her family for they don’t have a religion anymore and want to learn more! ELECT!! So with an overwhelming happiness we got her address, number and we marked a day to return, which is today! So pray for us tonight! :)

This weekend was stake conference here as well. Seems like Presidente Parrela is keeping me in the areas where they will have stake conferences, because I think this is my 4th this year…haha! The conference went very good and Presidente Gonzage was there from the area 70. Sunday we taught a guy that is elect and already has a son baptized, so we will work with him. And we have Ruth and Gabriel that are praying about baptism next week! :)

As you guys can see the work is speeding up and it is a great blessing! :) I love the work and I know it´s true! Every single day my testimony is being fortified and growing. I love the Lord!

Mom, I hope the trip went great for you and Dad! From the pictures it looks like it went fantastic! Going to Puerto Vallarta as a family would be awesome! :) Great to hear Amanda and Shaye had great talks Sunday and that Emme is staying crazy! The work is going a lot better here…not to much that went wrong this week. You can pray for our investigators Luisa, Laticia, Ruth, Gabriel, Igor, Patricia and Tiago! :)

Dad, you are right about the blessings that we have for living in the states. After so much time away from the states I don’t remember exactly how it felt, but clearly things there are much nicer, cleaner, and calmer. I still love Brazil and for sure will visit here after the mission! :) The humidity is a problem at times, but now it is hot HOT so things dry up quick. Also, we have a lot of wind here so that means dirt in our eyes, dirt in our shirt collar, but also a nice breeze in the shade to help keep us cool. I have only seen a few monkeys here, but out in the jungle I hear their are a ton. At times we can here them screaming like giant beasts, but usually the tiny ones make the big noise. Ha-ha! Oh, and It is GREAT to hear about the U!!! :) Go UTES!!

I love you all! :)

Elder Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment